Professional Engineer (PE) in UT and MA, LEEP AP BD+C, CDT
Mr. Riley has over 11 years of professional experience in structural engineering. After earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Vermont and a Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis from the Missouri University of Science and Technology, he has spent time working in the New England area and Utah, bringing a breadth of experience in structure types in coastal zones with high-wind, high-seismic regions, and mountainous areas with high snow loads. Some of his notable experience includes:
- Ocean State Veterinary Clinic Expansion (RI) – Expansion of existing veterinary clinic. Constructed of steel post and beam framing with steel braced frames.
- Holladay Mixed-Use Building (UT) – Multi-tenant, mixed-use office and commercial building constructed of steel and wood framing and concrete foundations.
- Ronald McDonald House (RI) – Wood-frame, 3-story expansion at existing wood-frame structure in Providence, RI.
- Arcadia State Park Headquarters (RI) – Large, custom, timber-frame structure in southern Rhode Island to fulfill the operations and management needs for Arcadia State Park staff and visitors.
- Starbucks Strip Mall (CO) – Multi-tenant commercial building constructed of steel, CMU, wood and concrete.
- 200 West Apartments (UT) – Three-story, wood-frame-over-concrete-parking apartment building in downtown Salt Lake City.
- Many forensic structural engineering projects throughout New England and Utah
- Many custom residential structures throughout New England and the Intermountain West
It's no wonder Mr. Riley is a driving force on Epic's structural team, using his wide range of professional experience and enthusiastic approach to structural engineering to provide clients with innovative solutions. Perhaps he is most admired for the meticulous approach he gives to each project and client to ensure the vision of their project comes to fruition.
Mr. Riley values a work-life balance in order to spend time with his family and dog, whether it is skiing, trail running or cheering on his favorite football team.