Mr. Carlson is the lead electrical design engineer on Epic’s MEP team. In addition to his electrical work, he produces mechanical and plumbing designs for commercial and residential buildings. With a bachelor’s and master’s degree in Civil Engineering (specializing in water resources) from Utah State University, he has more than 10 years of experience in a variety of services.
Mr. Carlson has served as project engineer on several complex reservoirs, buried vaults, diversion structures, pump stations, and waterline projects. He specializes in hydraulic analysis and calculations and the design of electrical systems for municipal water and secondary water projects, along with building electrical systems. He has also been involved in the design of several solar PV systems and in the quality control review of many more solar PV designs by various installation contractors.
Some of Mr. Carlson’s electrical project highlights include:
- Design of 35-panel solar PV system for Magna WWTP Administration Building, Magna Water District
- Design of 158-panel solar PV system for KRCL radio station
- Electrical design, including 108-panel solar PV system for Magna General Office Building, Magna Water District
- Electrical design for Labrum Ford showroom and maintenance facility in Heber City, UT
- Electrical design for Millcreek Cove Apartments, which include two 15-unit buildings
When he’s not working as an engineer, Mr. Carlson enjoys golfing, ice hockey, and spending time with his family.