Epic Engineering is looking for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer with a background in civil engineering, geotechnical drilling and sampling, project management, environmental sampling, preparing reports, technical writing and specifications. This position has the flexibility to be based out of our West Valley or Heber City, UT offices.
Abilities should include:
- Ability to perceive clients’ geotechnical needs and desires and to prepare, manage, and coordinate with clients on proposals
- Ability to prepare, coordinate and produce geotechnical studies and reports
- Perform geotechnical analysis on slope stability, seepage, settlement estimates, liquefaction and deformation evaluations
- Assign strength and material testing for lab studies
- Perform retaining wall calculations, plans and details
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Ability to organize and manage site investigations
- Strong communication skills to work with team members and clients to coordinate contracts, project deadlines and oversee geotechnical work needed on projects
- Knowledge of geotechnical software: LogPlot, Settle3D, Slide, LiquiPro, and others
- Desire to grow and expand the geotechnical division of company
This position requires advanced math skills, strong communication skills, project management skills, ability to understand problems and apply sound engineering judgment.
Experience: 5+ of related engineering and/or geotechnical experience desired. Licenses in Utah, North Dakota and California beneficial.
Epic offers competitive salary and an extensive benefit package including health, dental and life insurance, 401(k), wellness program, paid holidays, 3-weeks paid time off, flexible work hours, and a positive work environment.
How to apply: Email resume to email@example.com