Epic Engineering, a full-service engineering firm with over 25 years of professional experience, is currently hiring an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer. We are looking for a talented, excited, team-oriented individual to help us maintain our current momentum and help grow our MEP Division into new markets with the potential to take the role of a mechanical Principal Engineer in the next 3-5 years. We are looking for a team member with the heart of a teacher to help our current staff continue to develop themselves technically while providing an atmosphere of growth for all team members.
Your responsibilities will include:
- QA/QC Review
- Work independently on several projects simultaneously
- Provide mechanical and plumbing redlines to younger staff through to project completion
- Execute all tasks necessary for the engineering of a project from design through completion
- Perform heating and cooling load calculations
- Code reviews for HVAC/plumbing/fire protection designs
- Perform energy balance calculations and drainage and line loss calculation
- Sanitary design considerations
- Create mechanical schedules
- Present engineering findings to client, interfaces directly and regularly with client
- Building code familiarity, compliance & review
- Insurance carrier requirements, familiarity, and review
- Assist in mechanical system design development and coordinating with other internal and external team members
- Develop Mechanical / Utility equipment and construction specifications
- Develop equipment layout plans and system details
- Sizing and developing layouts for ductwork and piping plans
- Create project documents such as calculations, reports, and construction drawings and specifications, etc.
- Perform construction administration in the form of submittal reviews, RFI responses, and field visits to verify construction scope is proceeding per the intent of the design
- Research mechanical / utility materials and best practices
- Support talent growth within our organization
- Provide coaching and/or mentoring to a subordinate group when directed by supervisor.
- Handle complex issues and tasks with minimal supervision and advise subordinate team members on solutions to issues they encounter.
- Ability to present engineering findings as well as interface directly and regularly with client.
- Demonstrated HVAC and utilities experience; mechanical experience in multi-family housing, commercial, industrial, and municipal, HVAC design and specifications.
- Experience working with computer operations for engineering design programs and computer aided drafting (Revit, etc.)
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related 4-year degree. Registered PE license (Utah) is required. Additional stamps preferred.
Experience: 10-15 years of related experience preferred
Epic offers competitive salary based upon experience and/or licensure. Epic also offers an extensive benefit package including full health benefits including employer HSA contribution, dental and life insurance, company paid short-term disability, 401(k) with employer match, wellness program, paid holidays, unlimited paid time off, and a positive work environment working with a great team!
Apply today by emailing your resume to email@example.com.